Saturday, December 3, 2011

bef

1. Crits. So I have gotten some AWESOME feedback from the grads and from our wonderful visitor on Thursday. SO HAPPY THAT HAPPENED! I will be starting my own blog. I am also, for the first time, being pushed to understand why I make my paintings. I have an idea behind my print work but my painting/drawings have a very slim idea behind them. So that is awesome.

2. PRESSDRAW. I have been getting an awesome feeling from these shows I'm finally forcing myself to be a part of. IF YOU DON'T SHOW, NO ONE KNOWS WHO YOU ARE! You get contacted with people! I spent a half an hour talking to Linda (the owner) last night. What a great contact I have now! So that's exciting!

3. MARTYNA matusiak. http://www.martynamatusiak.com/drawings--prints.html
so... martynas work has inspired me since I first saw it when she was in grad school. I can remember Nayda taking us down to her studio and I was amazed at the detail (possibly stalking) that she had committed herself to in her work. That is still very important to me. Also, I remember seeing her photograph transfers in her print work that are now on the iup fine arts website http://www.iup.edu/art/default.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment