Sunday, December 4, 2011

I'm going to shame everybody (except Cory) for not going to see Meredith's talk on Thursday night. It was the best things I did all semester. Seriously. I didn't expect to see a direct connection from photographs of people and my interior space paintings, but she doesnt shoot people in front of green screens, so I was looking at people in their own spaces! I've been making paintings of spaces of fake and plastic spaces, and whats missing is the evidence that people actually live there. She told me afterwards that she will take things out of a space and add things back in to complete the photo. Even though she's a photographer, she is influenced by painting, and in her presentation included some paintings about interiors, so it was really cool to hear her thoughts about my interior paintings.

At any rate, I have new ideas about where to take these interior paintings, and its going to start with photographs. Would anyone be willing to let me photograph their living spaces before break? I'm trying to find the exact opposite of neat, tidy spaces, so theres no need to be self conscious about how messy it is. And if it'll make you feel better, you can come take a peek at the disaster area that is my grad studio.

Speaking of my studio! I made a drawing on the wall in the cubby next to mine, and I would love cool people to come and look at it sometime. If you think of it, grab me. I love to talk about the things I'm excited about.

PS - PRESSDRAW was phenominal, and all the cool kids totally rode in my van.

No comments:

Post a Comment