Tuesday, December 6, 2011





Dovima with elephants by Richard Avedon.








Richard Avedon always uses opposite things in his photographs: big and small, thin and heavy, dark and light, subtle against the rough.They make me become more thoughtful about my paintings.










"Elise Daniels with the Street Performers," Richard Avedon



Richard Avedon's photos make me want to look more because they contain images that are so unexpected.
They seem both beautiful and ugly at the same time. The women's clothes are dated, yet the black & white
compositions give them a timeless feeling that I like a lot.












DOVIMA & BORZOI DOG 1955,PHOTO RICHARD AVEDONT








his photo touches me because of the image of the woman - she seems to be thinking and looking intensely at the same time verses the dog's hair and expression. The dog seems not to care at all, but is funny all the same.




No comments:

Post a Comment