Tuesday, November 8, 2011


1.Jenny Bloomfield


I really am attracted to Jenny Bloomfield's way with paint, her freedom and her going from simple compositions, to much more complex ones. Her grid paintings make my eyes look harder at her surfaces. The limited color is stark and powerful, and has a landscape feeling - they relate to my earlier work.

2.Leonardo Cremonini


I am drawn to Leonardo Cremonini's paintings because of his use of color, paint technique, and the space too. He uses a dripping technique and the images look a bit like Surrealism. Interiors with bathrooms and mirrors and reflections are in a lot of his work.. He paints people doing everyday things and his compositions sometimes look like snapshots, with everything frozen in time. They are really mysterious paintings to me.

3.Bruce Conner - The White Rose (1967)

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/g716RoHhsYo/

This is a film about the removing of a huge painting called The White Rose from the San Francisco studio of a very interesting American woman painter named Jay Defeo. The painting was 3.3 meters high and 2.4 meters wide. The film has a jazz music soundtrack by Miles Davis. The film was made by Bruce Conner, an artist and filmmaker. I am influenced by the determination of Jay Defeo, focusing only upon The White Rose until she was satisfied the painting was completely finished to her standard.




2 comments:

  1. glad to see your computer is working.Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! I had to take my computer to IT center and they fix that.

    ReplyDelete