Monday, November 7, 2011

ONE BAND SO MUCH STUFF

Circle Takes the Square. This band is so nuts. They sound like no other band I know of. They are amazing. I had the joy of seeing them live a few weeks ago in Baltimore. So good. My friend turned me onto them years ago, but I can appreciate them so much more now. Seeing them made me remember how much more I needed to listen to them. These are the first lyrics for the song in the link:

Light as a feather, stiff as a board (2x) Ignorance is bliss No wise woman's failed to mention And surely some koan Suggests neglect leads to perfection But the more I turn my face from the crowd The more I feel my backs' increasingly compelled For the sake of escape To turn a knife on itself A knife of relief from all the petty insight And finally I'll sleep I'll sleep through the night BORED AS FUCK WITH THIS STREET CORNER-COVER STUDY OF A FACE IN A FIGURE SURVEYING THIS LANGUAGE AS A GAME SURVEILLANCE OF THIS LANGUAGE (AS THE PLAGUE (2x)) THE DIMENSION OF PERSISTENCE CONDEMNS (WE’RE PLAGUED (2x)) THE DIMENSION OF PERSISTENCE CONDEMNS IT’S THE PLAGUE (THIS LANGUAGE (4x)) THE DIMENSION OF PERSISTENCE CONDEMNS THIS PORTRAIT OF KARMA CRAFTED IN ACCIDENT TEXT BOOK SEDUCTION MINUS THE TEXT IN THE LANGUAGE OF GHOSTS

It doesn't rhyme. It's really just a poem that gets sung/yelled over instruments. I love it.

On a related note, their art is so awesome. It's all home brewed (as far as i know) by the one guy in the band.
Whats awesome though is that he does some legit printing and traditional stuff. This was an old one he'd done for their older album. Now they have new stuff coming out. At the show I got one of their new screenprinted posters similar to this. Can't find a picture of that though. Too lazy to take one of my own. Anywho some pretty awesome stuff all around.

Thats about all i got for this week.

1 comment: