Sunday, November 13, 2011

Story-telling

Ever listen to Radiolab or This American Life? Because I spend such excessive amounts of time in my studio, alone, I need to hear another human voice. So I listen through different episodes.

I'm feeling pretty drained, so I don't have much to say for this blog. But I will say that this has allowed me some room to grieve (more about this on Tuesday's crit). You will want to click on the link for "Tin Man." It's a great short story.

Two friends of mine were working at Handmade Arcade this weekend. I got to stop by and visit for a while, and chat it up with some folks I really respect as artists. I found being surrounded by so many unpretentious people who make strictly for the enjoyment of it rather inspiring. The boyfriend and I spent the rest of the evening talking about making more work together. You know what's wonderful about the artists I know? They make things, they get tired of looking at those things, they sell them and make more things. Their work is imaginative and well crafted. They do not waste time talking about how great they are, or how obscure their work is. They just create. In addition to that they live their lives and enjoy them. They enjoy their friends. I am surrounded by truly wonderful people who I very much admire.

No comments:

Post a Comment