Monday, October 17, 2011

1. sex. sex inspires me to create. curves, skin, heavy breathing, the uniting of two souls, the trust, the beauty. these things, and many more, are all so amazing and inspirational. maybe sex, itself, is art but it certainly inspires me to want to capture intense emotions and try to keep them or express them through art.

2. tattoos. last night i saw joe's new tattoo and i always look at the tattoos he has on his arms and other people who have tattoos. it's very interesting to wonder if these people are like me, creating their own tattoos and artwork to place on their body, or they are placing other peoples work or images on their own body. either way, the choices of placement, color, size are all variables that come into play and it is inspiring when  someone gets a  tattoo that is an all over good composition on the skin.

3. elisabeth condon. her work is inspiring to me because she creates these imaginary landscapes that remind me of my paintings that i'm doing right now. she's dealing a lot with the composition rather then figures. i like to look at her pallet and identify the colors that are working so well together. she is definitely an inspiration for me and my paintings.
http://www.elisabethcondon.com/images/paintings

No comments:

Post a Comment