Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Shahzia Sikander

She's from a different culture, her interests are similar to mine, she has used specific elements to her culture in her work. Unrealistic composition and mixture of realistic and unrelastic forms.
THE special rhythm of "Right Down The Line" by Gerry Rafferty makes me want to dance while i'm painting. Whenever I am able to do that, my paintings always have a stroger sense of flow and balance.
Marjane Satrapi is an artist from Iran who studied art in France. She created the very simple, powerful black and white animated film, Persepolis, to express big changes in her life and her experiences living in a new culture. She also depicted very clearly thirty years of transformation. I relate to this film because I am also trying to interact with the differences between the culture of my country, and my new environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment