Monday, October 31, 2011

Trick or Treat!

Right now, I am sitting behind the glass of my living room door, waiting for two kittens and a princess to approach. It's all so cute, I've decided that...

1) Halloween costumes get to be on the inspiration list this week. It seems irrelevant, I know, but let me remind everyone how obsessed I am with dress up performance. I love the variety that kids (and their parents, and corporate money-grabbers) come up with. A favorite from the last five minutes: a homemade cardboard "paper doll."
*candyhandingout break*
Okay so I know that kids are not graceful, but after this last tiny Superman, I am starting to get concerned with the lit candles inside of my Jack o'lantern.

2) Pumpkin Carving has also been a seasonally-appropriate inspiration this week. In fact, a pumpkin gathered from Yarnik's farm inspired a small stop-motion project on Saturday. Also, it made yummy seeds.
*candyhandingout break*

As for an artist this week, I'm going to go with...

3) Chris Stevens. Though, strictly speaking, he is not an "artist," Stevens grows world-record breaking pumpkins. You can't tell me that the process of growing a 1,810.5 pound fruit is not an art. Also: art made with giant pumpkins (maybe Stevens'?) surfaced on the Google doodle today. Consider this post-project inspiration.

Gotta go tend to the ghouls knocking at the door now - Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment