Thursday, October 6, 2011

Printmaking club

Hi all.

I have been thinking about some ways to problem solve in terms of there being no print next semester, and not being able to focus in print for my BA/BFA. I think it's a shame that we have such a great studio space, with no class time to use it next term.

I've communicated with Dr. Gillham via email about the possibility of starting a printmaking club in order to open up the space for members to use next semester. Would anyone be interested in that? Especially those who came here to focus in print? Please contact me-my email is nicolena.loshonkohl@gmail.com. Or feel free to comment, or talk to me in class, or spread the word, so that we can take the next steps necessary.

Dr. Gillham said that we would need a faculty advisor, and suggested Martyna-which I am all for. But apparently we need members first, and then need to vote on who we want.

Does that make sense? Feel free to talk to me!

5 comments:

  1. I am 100% for this!!! I'll see you in class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I can probably recruit some bodies that aren't in class. It would be a monumental shame to let the studio gather cobwebs. Let me know if I can help you out in any way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, i know of some people that would be interested in this that are no longer in the actual class. i'll pass the word along.

    ReplyDelete