Monday, October 10, 2011

inf

1. Ann Hamilton

I believe I mentioned her in a previous post, but she definitely deserves her own time in the spotlight. Installation artist Ann Hamilton creates environments that evoke associations with the body and time. Although for my printmaking I haven't done installations, my work is starting to seep into an interest in time again (something that I was heavily into in last fall's Sculpture class). Plus, the Sculpture class (myself included) is going to a conference Saturday where she will be the keynote speaker. Super excited.

2. My mom

I've talked a bit about the importance of my mom in my art before, however I feel like I need to make some work specifically about her again. I got an idea this weekend for a printmaking piece that doesn't involve print processes, but it can relate to it in other ways-- the material are old printed hymn books, an emphasis on paper will be in the work, and of course, repetition. Martyna I guess hasn't worked it out of me completely!

3. Documenting time

The cyanotype process has got me interested in yet another theme from my past. Documenting time was a large component of my First Year Review, and I guess, as much as we all change, interests never fully go away. This piece involves drawing with allowing the solution to be developed by the natural sunlight of the moment, thus making it a record of time and place. I've done some sample pieces, so we'll see how the real thing comes out.

1 comment:

  1. Nice! interesting idea with the cyanotype. Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete