Monday, October 10, 2011

bloggy blog

I think I may have mentioned Jay Ryan before but I'm not too positive. I absolutely love his posters. The color schemes he uses are fantastic and the creatures he sketches are usually humorous and vibrant. His work makes me want to advance my silkscreen skills.
As much as it is frowned about in the art world, I still like Norman Rockwell. He was able to capture a wide range of emotion in his work. People were able to identify with what he painted, from Thanksgiving to losing a tooth. I've thought about dabbling in this type of depiction and cataloging. I'm interested in the rapid changes of time from then to now, a life with computers and cell phones, particularly college life.
And my final inspiration for now is the leaves themselves. This is my favorite season. The colors are wonderful, especially in the evening when the sun is just right.

No comments:

Post a Comment