Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I N F U E N C E S

- Robert Plater
Yeah, he's my man-ski, but he really is a huge influence. We had a hefty conversation over the phone last night about our work and I found it super helpful. To some it all up, we decided that we are special and essential to the world, by way of our work and drive to create. Sometimes you just need to pat yourself on the back. Anyways, he goes to 'The New York Academy of Art' fancy smancy eh? It is a super traditional and figurative institution, and his work is very illustrative, but he uses figure often. So, I think learning every little square inch of the body will definitely inform his work. He's been having to work from observation all semester, but on his last assignment he was allowed to use a photo. Before going to NYAA he had gotten really good at painting with acrylic, but had to switch back to oil,  with which he's been having a hard time. These are examples of his previous work and his most recent assignment from photo in oil... I think he's getting so much better at that MFA program, and I really think he's going to be a force to be reckoned with in the future...


- Nicki Minaj
I can't help it I'm obsessed! I can't stop listening to her over and OVER! I really like that she has alter egos. I kind of wish I had an alter ego... I am kind of comfortable with being one person though, just with a ton of different dimensions. Maybe I'll stop painting and be a rapper with a pink wig. I already have the wig, but I would need to start writing some bars! On second thought.... NAAH

- PAINT
aahhhh I  love to just let go and experiment in the studio, helps me keep my mind right. I have about 4 small panels that I'm working out new abstract forms on... So far so good, They suck as paintings, but they help me work ideas better than sketching.

No comments:

Post a Comment