Monday, October 31, 2011

Apologies for slacking..

1. Omar Ortiz - It's pretty irrelevant to what I've been working on, but the guy is flatout phenomenal. He's a painter based out of Mexico (I believe), and he does large-scale hyper-surreal type paintings. He is just one of those artists that just kind of gets me jacked up to improve my craft.

2. Old star/sea maps - There's something about the borderline fantasy aspect of them that is just interesting to me. They're kind of a reminder that the knowledge we've gained since then hasn't always been around, and on top of that, the world as we view it could become as archaic as those maps are now.

3. Tattoo art - It is most likely me being in the Halloween spirit, but themes in tattoos such as Dia de Los Muertos motifs and the old school tattoo art has been somewhat inspiring lately. I'd like to say that there's a deeper reason, but honestly, I've just enjoyed the aesthetics of it lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment