Monday, October 3, 2011

Anamanaguchi, Videogramo, Jammin...

So keeping with my previous trend, gonna put some music up here. I've been picking more sadness-evoking music thus far, so how bout a band that makes me think all is well for about five seconds. Anamanaguchi makes super fun fast music with a hacked nintendo. Then they play instruments too. Its just some really nerdy dudes making music that they love and having fun while other nerds jam out to their stuff. It's so great. Airbrushed is one of their newer songs that I very much enjoy and you should check out.

Now as far as art goes, Im going with this Videogramo site. I don't even remember how I found this and I have no idea as to the artist's name. I'm pretty sure I was actually looking up Anamanaguchi when I found it. Irrelevant. This art is just really interesting and super bizarre. It's computer generated in this old outdated style and makes you think of oldschool video games. But theres an interesting depth to it that kept me looking down the entire page.

And finally I want to talk about jammin. Jammin as in jamming out by myself or with friends. Playing music. Nobody in my family has ever been musically talented, including myself. But that didn't stop me from starting some crappy bands and singing punk songs and one time I was even in our highschool musical. I sing mediocrely, I can play bass enough to get by, and I can play a handful of songs on guitar. But whenever I'm doing it there's that small time period where I'm completely immersed. The music is the only thing flowing through me and nothing else matters. I have a few friends that I get to play with on occasion. We go down to my basement, drink some beers, and make up some songs for a band that we'll never make. It is the most therapeutic activity I've experienced in a while. If I could do it everyday, there isn't much else I would need.


No comments:

Post a Comment