Sunday, October 9, 2011

BEF

1. OLD PHOTOGRAPHS. My mom is a historian and has many old photographs. I've seen these photographs my whole life and I am finally realizing the beauty and significance of them. My grandmother gave me some photos of my father and his siblings a couple months ago. After her death, I  am now realizing that these photographs are the memories I have of her. I don't want anything else, I'd rather have photos that I can play with with all these printmaking techniques! It seems to be helping me and inspiring me. It's pretty awesome.

2. SPONTANEITY. A lot of my work is spontaneous and that is because it pumps me up and gets me excited. I start with a very basic idea of what I want but when I begin to create it's the spontaneous things that really trigger and inspire me to continue. I love being somewhere and seeing colors that really catch my eye and run to the studio, put my music on loud, run around and create.

3. NICOLA LOPEZ. http://nicolalopez.com/. Nicolas work is based on experiential landscapes of "todays society". I first found out about her over the summer but I looked at her website and was amazed to see that she is also a print maker! Her installations are what caught my eye over the summer, thought. They look like explosions on walls! She talks about her work describing it as a "map" which always inspires me. I love maps.

No comments:

Post a Comment