Monday, September 19, 2011

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/persepolis

Persepolis is an ancient city in Iran. There is some palaces and huge sculptures. In my paintings I'm inspired by that historical atmosphere, old buildings, shapes and colors.


2.Samila AmirEbrahimi:

Born in Tehran, Iran, 1950

BA in Political science, Faculty of Law, Tehran University, 1972
Etching and Printmaking: Advanced school of Designing for Art and Industry Paris, France, 1973
BFA in General Fine Arts: California College of Arts and Crafts. Oakland, USA, 1978

She mostly use collage, acrylic and pastel in her works. Her subject matter is exterior/interior.
Broken brushwork and composition. Also mysterious atmosphere. These points are my challenge, I'm trying to have that kind of space in my paintings.


3.Persian Rugs

In some parts of my paintings I simplify motifs of Iranian rugs. They have a very complex design with different curves and cones.

No comments:

Post a Comment