Sunday, September 18, 2011

First: My thoughts on this crazy person you made us read... He needs to pick an opinion and stick with it. Sure printmaking can be technical and seem like your not putting your own touch into it but you are, so get over it. I believe that something is whatever you make it in your own mind. So if he thinks painting is so different from printmaking then it is. I feel like they are two different mediums in art but you can MIX MEDIA and the lines get blurred so easily.
Next: Inspirations, Triggers and Influences.
1. Artist: Nayda Collazo-Llorens. Nayda works in many different mediums but the two that really inspire me are her drawings and paintings. Her drawings from 2001 really get to me. They look like records of time passed. There are notes, sketches, stickers, and lots of things placed onto paper. The reason her work gets to me is because it reminds of maps. They seem like messages that need to be decoded. Which goes into my ad how I am interested in networking....
http://www.naydacollazollorens.com/PAPER14X102.html
2. Networking. I am triggered by the interaction of people and how those interactions shape and build us through our lives. My paintings are currently showing this. I use my cities and the interactions between them to play with and understand them better. But for me this is incredibly important in my life and I think being able to play with this idea in my work really helps me to map things out.
3. Fall. The season. This weather, the feelings that are triggered inside of me make me want to create. The colors of the changing leaves, the brisk mornings, the cuddles, the calm. So many feelings! It is exciting. Hibernation. Creating in a warm studio with coffee and all the smells in the air is the best place to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment