Monday, September 26, 2011

Zahra Nazari:

1.Painter:

http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Manoucher_Yektai

http://yektai.com/

(Manoucher Yektai's life has brought him through three cultures: Iran, France, United States. This trajectory can be seen as a search for Modernism, and for a participation in Modernism, indeed, for a home in it. For a painter, the itinerary seems clear in its meaning: from Iran where, under islamic strictures about imagery, free artistic expression was not available, first (with a brief pause in New York) to the ripe ambience of the school of Paris, then (more permanently) to the fledgling excitement of the emerging New York school.)

I'm inspired by MANOUCHER YEKTAI's life story bcz this connection between different cultures is my new challenge as well. His works are juicy and painterly in their style. I like his palette because of his use of thick off-white paint which creates a light-filled space. His use of both painting knives and vigorous brushwork gives energy to the surfaces of his paintings to a great degree.






























































2.Movie:




I feel so connected to the story of this movie.

The leading character is a person who has never had any training in music and was born on board a ship, but he plays piano very professionally.

His passion for music and the respect that he has for the place that he was born is really admirable. He follows only one goal in his life, and this makes me more serious about my paintings. The sound track and plot of this movie gives me a feeling of encouragement about the connection to my painting.


3.Video:




The act of movement as seen through the moving train window passing through different landscapes and kinds of weather connects to the dynamic and expressionist feelings that I wish to create in my paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment