Monday, September 26, 2011

1. Anger, frustration, fear... These feelings among many others trigger me to create artwork. After my grandmother passed away on Tuesday my reaction was to go to the studio and make something/ ANYTHING. I may not have the ability to express myself with words but I can do it through my art work. I also write poetry to channel my feelings (mixed and matched words to create something I call my poetry).

2. Going to an inspiring art show can trigger me to create art. If I walk into a gallery that has work that really inspires me or even just has the work displayed in a great way it can inspire me. I begin to subconsciously or consciously place aspects of what inspired me into my own work. I love getting pumped up about other people's abilities and they inspire me to accomplish what they have.

3. http://veronicavaros.com/
Veronica Varos is the artist I choose this week. Although she is not famous she is very talented. Veronica is a "self-taught" photographer (she never got a degree in photography). We have been friends for many years and her photographs have always pushed me to think outside the box of what a portrait or landscape can be. Her portraits inspired me to begin painting portraits and I have even painted a portrait of her. Her photographs continue to spark inspiration in me.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Beth,
    I am very sorry to hear about your grandma. It is good to have studio in times like that , right?

    veronica varos- nice photos! I knew of her somehow, she is Pittsburgh based right?

    "Life is best understood backwards but must be lived forwards"

    See you tomorrow!
    mm

    ReplyDelete