Thursday, September 8, 2011

Animation

This is one early addition to my three coming up this week, I'll post in detail later. I didn't want you guys to miss this:

http://bombsfall.blogspot.com/2011/09/post-mortem-murph.html

This was created by my friend Scott Benson, who is a self taught animator/illustrator. What I really admire about his art and blog is that he explains how he developed his ideas, how he created his work (step by step), and has some blogs about his artwork from the past. It's worth reading through, but if you do nothing else, watch the video on the top.

What I love about my friends is that they decided to become painters, printmakers, graphic designers, and so on. Many of them are successful and really good at what they do. Many of them do not have a college education, and are better for it. The inspiration in that for me is to keep going. I make things because I cannot stop, not because I'm in school. The piece of paper you receive when you graduate does not determine your success.

Like I said, I'll post my three later this week. I just really wanted to share this.

No comments:

Post a Comment