Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Dan Hillier, D and D, More Than Life

Alright well let's do this. Dan Hillier is an artist i just recently discovered. He makes some really bizarre and interesting stuff that i thoroughly enjoy. I'm not exactly sure what he does to create them but his "altered engravings" pieces are quite inspiring. He states that he uses imagery that he finds, collages, and creates from his own imaginings. Whatever he does though is definitely worth looking at.

Sooo D and D. Also known as Dungeons and Dragons for you nerds not in the know. Probably the nerdiest possible activity for any person to partake in. And I do it. Not as much as I used to, but it's still a part of me. Now it reminds me of nights in the past spent with my friends having a fantastic and nerdy time. Now, though you won't see any dragons or anything in my work (I promise), this idea of adventuring has been buzzing around my brain as of late. Considering all aspects of our own lives as some sort of adventure. Some easy, some difficult. And with this statement I push the glasses back onto the bridge of my nose and take my nerdyness elsewhere. Also, though purely illustrative, some of the artists are pretty impressive. I got to meet this guy.

And finally, as it will probably happen almost every post, a band. More Than Life. Some sappy emotional hardcore and I love it. When I listen to the song Daisy Hill I can feel the emotion. I love it. It gets me pumped up and feeling. I can't really describe it. I won't try. But I listen to this song a lot.



No comments:

Post a Comment