Monday, September 12, 2011

more inspirations!

I have to say some of my other inspirations are things from my childhood. The mask I made based on the opera was inspired by a stop motion animation of it. I watched it when I was around 7-8 at my grandmothers house. It was really bizarre and I had forgot about it until last year. You can actually find it on youtube, under Rigoletto, stop motion, it wouldn't let me post it. It's probably something a 7 year old shouldn't be watching lol.
I am also fascinated with antiques, junk and goodwill. This is mostly because of my grandma chaney who passed away last year. Its the same grandma who let me watch the weird show. When I was little she'd let me go through her jewelry and take me to yard sales. Even in her last year we went to goodwill whenever I'd come home. She always encouraged my art, even hanging a painting of a naked man I did in her house. I just like seeing interesting items and trying to think of a new use for them or the history they have previously had.

No comments:

Post a Comment