Monday, September 12, 2011

So... Although there isn't any noticeable influence in my work yet, an artist who I've taken an interest in lately is England's own Banksy. Both his style and his whole persona is inexplicably fascinating. His ability to make a statement in a humorous way without producing something in the cliche category is admirable, in my opinion. It is almost incomprehendible how he has risen to such fame while still keeping his true identity secret (at least for the most part.) That fact kind of gives him this odd mystique where he's almost more of an entity than a person, and it's just fascinating me.
Another source of inspiration for me that has been somewhat persistent is oddly enough, light. Whether it be bright, coloful neons or just a simple streetlight, it is just beautiful to me. It just carries this odd aesthetic quality that seems to provide almost infinite sources of inspiration.
Third, I've been finding interest in just people watching for inspiration. Watching how people interact with each other and carry themselves is just intrigueing. To me, people watching just provides one of the few means of finding an authentic sample of how people act.

No comments:

Post a Comment